Welcome to Mandelieu!
Dear colleagues and friends,
The 48th ECLSO Congress will be held this year from September 14th to 15th in Mandelieu La Napoule. Mandelieu is located on the French Riviera with an easy access to the international airport of Nice.
The programme has been designed to cover a wide variety of contact lens and ocular surface related conditions.
- recent updates on ocular surface disease presented by internationally renowned experts in their field and focusing on practical implications of the TFOS DEWS II report
- recent updates on myopia control and scleral lenses presented by internationally renowned experts in their field
- round table discussions with debate on the future of hydrogel and silicone hydrogel materials
- a one-day contact lens educational course (in French) organized by SFOALC (French Contact Lens Society of Ophthalmologists), aimed at colleagues wishing to acquire basic knowledge in contact lenses
- small group practical workshops - aimed at perfecting knowledge and skills regarding technical contact lens fitting, including scleral lenses, lenses for myopia control, hybrids and toric lenses (please note: places are limited so early booking is advised)
We also welcome other affiliated international contact lens societies, i.e. BCLA, CLAO, IMCLC and SOBLEC (the Brazilian Society) to participate.
In true tradition there will be various social events for you and your partner. If you have the time, you can always consider staying longer and enjoy the magnificent French Riviera.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our 48th ECLSO Congress.
With kindest regards,
René Mély MD, ECLSO President
Carina Koppen MD PhD, ECLSO Secretary General