First of all, we would like to express our gratitude to our Croatian National Representative, Dr Dean Saric, and our Vice-President, Dr Ksenija Opacic, for inviting us again to Dubrovnik.
In 2005 the ECLSO succeeded in organising one of its very successful meetings in Dubrovnik, this thanks to a perfect collaboration with the local organisers and a lively interest from the numerous participants.
We will try to repeat this success, this time focusing on the following topics:
- Current approaches in the treatment of keratoconus, with the collaboration of Prof Eberhard Spoerl, Dr Aylin Killiç, Dr Dean Saric and Prof Carina Koppen.
- Presentation of the TFOS Report on Contact Lens Discomfort by Dr Florence Malet.
- State of the art on lens materials: Soft lens materials, hydrogel materials, hypergel materials: obsolete or still practically useful? Overview of current RGP materials. Antimicrobial materials.
- Contact lens care products: Microbiological aspects by Dr René Mély, International prescription patterns of lens care solutions by Dr Ksenija Opacic, In office disinfection of lenses by Helmer Schweizer.
- Keynote lecture on scleral lenses by Lynette Jones, USA.
- “Exciting new lenses”, with short presentations on newly developed lenses by colleagues with practical experience
Thank you for your interest in our society and … see you again in Hotel VALAMAR, Dubrovnik, on October 10th and 11th 2014.